Registration for Anthrocon 2012 is now open!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
93 replies [Last post]
Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

We are now accepting Registrations for 2012, at the following page: http://www.anthrocon.org/registration .

What's new this year:

Reluctantly, we've got to modestly raise prices, as we've exceeded the size of Hall B.. as well as had to deal with other rising costs, including EMT service and police prescence that is mandated for a convention of our growing size.

Attending Registration will be $45 until December 31st, 2011; $50 from January 1st to June 1st, 2011; and $60 at the door.

Sponsor Registration will be $95 until December 31st, 2011; $100 from January 1st to June 1st, 2011; and $110 at the door.

Supersponsor Registration will be $195 until December 31st, 2011; $200 from January 1st to June 1st, 2011; and $200 at the door. (Note: Only Pre-registered Supersponsors get access to the Supersponsor Luncheon!)

Day passes will be $30 at the door for all three days, and replacement badges will now move to $30 to match ($20 on Sunday).

What this means in short: Pre-registration is 15 dollars cheaper than On-site registration, if you register by the end of the year. It's the way to go for price, convenience, and minimal exasperation of hardworking mongooses.

http://www.anthrocon.org/registration, and register away! Smiling

--Chi

Average: 5 (22 votes)
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Rick2tails's picture

preregister people! Think of the children..I mean think of the mongooses!!! Eye-wink

Average: 5 (1 vote)
Nicona Shadowwolf's picture

And thus it begins. Shocked

One thing I will add to what Chiaro has posted:

Please pre-register if at all possible

You will be doing yourself a great favor.  Not only will you be paying less but you will not have the looooong wait in the on-site registration line.

No votes yet

Director of Registration

hypr's picture

I'll be there and already pre-registered.

No votes yet
Scotty the Minotaur's picture

Done.

Now.  Waits some 250 days.

~Whistles the time away~

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture
This user is a Staff Member

I can't pre-register!!! Reason being, IT'S ALREADY DONE! Oh woe is me...

No votes yet

"When it comes to applying computer science, it's not so much a science as it is an art... and occasionally hitting things with hammers when they don't work the way you want them to."

rieko's picture

when is hotels going to be set up? i might have missed it... oh and im saving up for sponser right now.... Need that job.

No votes yet
Harvy's picture

That usually happens on groundhog day in February.

No votes yet
CyanTPC's picture

I'm not going to pre-register until I'm totally sure I can make it to this upcoming AC.  I'll have to wait till hotels are available for booking, which they won't be available for booking till February.  I don't mind paying the extra $5 for pre-reg, though.

No votes yet
hypr's picture

Yep, I've already sent in my early hotel prize from the 2011 aucton and my room for next year got pretty much full after the auction,

No votes yet
Gabi's picture

I wonder if there's anything I should be doing, but I suppose I'll be told in due time.

But yes, pre-register, everyone. I'd like to fetch your badges with your names on them. Laughing out loud

No votes yet
Chiaroscuro's picture

Not yet. Staff Registration will be in December. Smiling

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

Is there a process involved with that? I never did figure that bit of it out... Just kinda gave Rooth my email when he asked, and scurried back to work. (which changed recently Sticking out tongue) I'm assuming it will all be emailed out, but I don't know who needs my current email to send it Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

"When it comes to applying computer science, it's not so much a science as it is an art... and occasionally hitting things with hammers when they don't work the way you want them to."

Chiaroscuro's picture

There is a process; Rooth should be your contact point. if you have not heard anythign from him about the proper stff registration method by Jan 15th or so, email him again and nudge him, or nudge me about it. Mind, the earliest we will open it should be late December.

--Chi

No votes yet
Danruk's picture

I'll keep my ears open and heads up for Staff Reg. Chi. Just throw me a note reminder as well, please?

I usually give a nudge-nod reminder to fellow staffers as well, so as to keep in the loop about things!

Thanks for the general "end of december" watch-for-timeframe.

No votes yet
hypr's picture

I always thought staff get registered first for conventions

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

Well, technically I volunteered so many hours this year that I probably could have gotten in for free... but that wouldn't help Anthrocon at all. Supersponsership will, though...

No votes yet

SDWolf's picture

besides... that takes too much organization Sticking out tongue Chiaroscuro is only one... uh, fewwet?

No votes yet

Aurius's picture

Mongoose

No votes yet

Once more into the Fray, into the last good fight i'll ever know

SDWolf's picture

Indeed, he's only one mongoose! As I /totally/ said before *rolls eyes*

No votes yet

Chiaroscuro's picture

No; our staff members formally register beginninh in December or January. We do not open too early, as our staff has the same difficulties in travel sometimes that others do, and their planning tends to solidify starting in January.

Staff still get the low numbers, though. Smiling

--Chi

No votes yet
Vulpes Rex's picture
This user is a Contributor

Quote:
Staff still get the low numbers, though. Smiling

Speaking of which...

I happen to have in my possession this - ah - document, with rather vague instructions on how to redeem it.  You perhaps know what I am writing about, I don't wish to be any more specific, lest I raise the ire and incur the wrath of The Spotted One.

Do I just print out and mail in a registration form, as per normal, with a reference to this document?  Is it necessary to bring it (in all its laminated glory) with me to the convention?

No votes yet
Chiaroscuro's picture

I already got to raise his ire with that just fine.

"hey Giza, check this out."

*reads* "Dammit! Did Kage approve this?"

"Oh yeah."

[in voice of dwindling hope] "..did Rigel approve this?"

"Decidely."

"Dammit!"

As for that document, send me an email at , and I'll let you know the information we need from you.

Average: 4 (2 votes)
desteredra's picture

*laughs*

I imagine it must've been more than worth it, just to see the leopard pout.

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

oh my gosh... This just made my day Sticking out tongue I can totally see this taking place...

No votes yet

SDWolf's picture

ooh wait, we get the low numbers? Woohoo! Despite having just been conscripted for many years to come (read:a very long time) I can take heart in the fact that my badge number will be low Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

Aurius's picture

You poor poor soul.

No votes yet

SDWolf's picture

Why do I get the feeling people somewhere are going >_> "He doesn't know, does he?"  "No, No he doesn't... Not yet..."<_<

No votes yet

Drudigger's picture

just reg'd for supersponcer ^-^ thanks for making such a awsome convention

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

Oh, and we'll reiterate, because it hasn't been said in about 3 posts... PRE-REGISTER! DO IT, DO IT NOW! DO IT OFTEN (actually, only doing it once per person is probably the best idea) Make life easier for Chiaroscuro... I hate seeing him have to run around the DLLCC dealing with more problems than he has to... Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

Aurius's picture

I thought that was part of the mongoose training regime we implemented

No votes yet

Chiaroscuro's picture

I'm wise to that obstacle course witht he giant foam 'snakes'. I know they can't *all* be cobras.

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

Is THAT what they had set up there at Registration?!?! I wondered why there were so many wires running around on the ground and Hazardous Golf Hazards, and cakes-that-were-lies there... I thought that was just SOP... Next time I'll bring the bear traps...

No votes yet

Chiaroscuro's picture

*meeef*

And hey, this year the cake was real at Registration!

No votes yet
Aurius's picture

You didn't share it with me either, im sad.

No votes yet

SDWolf's picture

haha, I agree with Aurius Sticking out tongue I spent that whole time under the reg tables, doing my business. (Which I will say was running cables and wires, so that people weren't brutally murdered by them when they tried to either work registration, or register [Serves them right for not {PRE REGISTERING LIKE THEY SHOULD DO, RIGHT NOW!}]) By the time I got out, the cake was mostly a lie Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

Nicona Shadowwolf's picture

Yes it was, and it was very good.  Thanks again, Chiaro.

No votes yet

Director of Registration

Chanur's picture

Ah yes, The Cake. The one that left me scratching my head and asking myself, "Just what line do I put this outlay under? It's either "Staff feeding", or "Kage said pay this".

Sadly enough I'm already missing my little white room.

Chanur. (Who's prepping to feed 2500 at MFF in a month. Gods, I love PAIN!)

No votes yet

Is it just me, or is this little white room getting smaller?

Unclekage's picture

It goes under "Volunteer benefit."  Smiling

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

just draw from the "Classified Operations" account. Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

Aurius's picture

I thought that was designated the Kage Wine fund Account

No votes yet

SDWolf's picture

No, that's from the "Essential-to-continue-Day-to-Day-Operations" Fund. The classified operations fund is for things like... well, that thing that had to be done in order to do that other thing, yannow?

No votes yet

Harvy's picture

Do volunteers get to pick their badges up early if they pre-register?

No votes yet
Chiaroscuro's picture

Staff can recieve their badges beginning on Wednesday afternoon. (After the badge sheets and the badges arrive at conOps.)

Volunteers who pre-reg do not get earlier badge pick-up, however; They may pick up badges witht he rest of Pre-registered folks on Thursday.

No votes yet
desteredra's picture

Sadly, this means you might have to wait in line as much as a whole 20 minutes.  We know that cuts into your "laugh derisively at the enormous line of on-site registrants" time, and we appreciate your patience.

Seriously, it rarely takes us long at all to start clearing out the preregistration lines.  When guiding people to their prereg lines, there were many times when i said, "Right--see here, this complete lack of line? That's your complete lack of line."

No votes yet
SDWolf's picture

Oh, on several occasions I got to do that... Except usually I got to say "See that utter lack of line down yonder where she's sitting? That's your letter section, so that's actually your utter lack of line, sorry about the inconvienence." So the moral of the story is if you want the opportunity to see my "smiling" salesman face, not stand in a half mile long line, and have more time to enjoy the convention, pre-register! Sticking out tongue

No votes yet

KenanFarns's picture

Sweet Uncle Kage! I believe within the artist or dealers den theres some kind of benifits for Supersponcers, but I forgotten what they are. And dont forget folks theres free coupons towards that Fernandos resterants Only for SUpersponcers, and I assume there might be more resterant coupons in year, but that a guess

No votes yet

Javelin B-)

Chiaroscuro's picture

The Supersponsor gifts vary each year, so we tend not to go into too much detail on exactly what they are. There are typically food coupons for three local restaurants, of about the value of a modest meal apiece. (We used to have a Supersponsor lounge, but it rapidly grew impractical to have a lounge which required an Westin elevator ride, among other factors.)

--Chi

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

there was just too many of us and its hard to feed a large group of people anyway.we`re all too picky. I`m thankful for the coupons. I just wish you could use them on monday too

No votes yet
Chiaroscuro's picture

The trouble with that is the reimbursement for the partner restaurants is based on coupons *used*, and not distributed. So We have to have figures in Monday.

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

I know its still annoying to have 3 coupons and 3 days to use them especially if youre like me and skip lunch except the supersponsor luncheon during the con.

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.