battlefield&cod

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
7 replies [Last post]
silent's picture

So which one of these do you guys think is the most popular and more fun game cod or the battlefield series because I have looked around a lot and most people do not even relize the battlefield exists.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MiltoniusPrime's picture
This user is a Staff Member

Call of Duty will probably always be the more popular shooter.  It's simple enough to get people hooked, and it's aggressive and soaked with testosterone, so nobody feels uncomfortable or awkward playing it (well, unless you feel awkward slaughtering an airport full of civillians).  Activision/Bobby Kotick realize they have a practically installed fanbase, the folks who live to trashtalk with 12-year-olds.  The seemingly huge amount of money they put into advertising is paltry compared to what they make from game sales, merchandise, and map packs.  People will keep buying the new games just to keep up with everyone else buying the new games, so they always have that huge crowd to play with/against.

I've been in an arcade playing DDR, and small children have walked up to me, realize I'm playing a video game, and immediately ask "Do you play Cawadoody?".  One of the biggest exposures to gaming that kids these days get is a violently-realistic war simulator.  I'm not against violent games at all, in moderation and in the hands of people who can handle/understand such things.  I just shouldn't have to deal with kids barely out of the single digits challenging me to the digital ultraviolence.

No votes yet
silent's picture

agreed

No votes yet
Vulpes Rex's picture
This user is a Contributor

When I read the title of this thread, my first thought was:

"Gee - that has got to be the second most bizarre name for a law firm that I've ever encountered".

No votes yet
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

That begs the question of what's the first most (?) bizarre name; I assume it isn't this...

Average: 4 (1 vote)
silent's picture

How is that a lawfirm name???

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

It's not. Battlefield & Cod was a vaudeville team that worked the tri-state circuit between 1918-1920. They flopped after Prohibition started because people could no longer get drunk enough to think they were funny. They broke up, and Harry Cod made a couple of one-reel comedies at the Astoria Studios in New York with Jerry Flounder, but they couldn't agree on whether to be billed "Cod & Flounder" or "Flounder & Cod." Finally they settled on "Harry and Jerry" and their slapstick antics impressed a young Joe Barbera, who would later pay a subtle homage to them in "Tom and Jerry." Unfortunately all their films were lost in a warehouse fire in 1926.

Frank Battlefield left show business and made a modest living in real estate until his fortune was wiped out in the stock market crash.

Average: 5 (1 vote)

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

silent's picture

Wow never knew anything about that lol

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.