Fantastic Streamers vs Oblivious Anthro

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
2 replies [Last post]
JaxM's picture

I'm sure everyone who went to the dances saw the streamers scattered around the room spinning glowsticks/other ravegear. I thought a lot of them did a fine job with what they were doing and hopefully they weren't too bruised after the dances if they accidentally whacked themselves in the face once or twice >.< (I went ouch when I saw it happen).

That leads me to talk about something I noticed while watching some of them. It has more to do with people not paying attention to where they're going or what is around them. I saw plenty of people walking close to streamers that made me think "wth are they doing they're gona get whacked in the face O_O". I was just waiting for something like that to happen sooner or later but thankfully I didn't see it happen (at least from where I was standing). I saw someone literally come within a centimeter of being smacked in the face by one of the ravesticks that one streamer was spinning and they STILL didn't see that there was a streamer that close to them. 

I don't think preventing streamers is necessary but I think putting some limits up for them to follow might help prevent some oblivious person from being whacked in the face (though I know there's nothing to prevent someone from being oblivious...) by accident. I think it's fantastic that streamers are around doing their thing, and a lot of them are quite good at it, but I think being safe verses being sorry (or worse) later might be beneficial. 

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Unclekage's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

The only way we could control it would be to eliminate them.  People will not pay attention to any limits we impose.

They have been a concern since an incident at Eurofurence where a careless dancer managed to loop his streamer around a fursuiter's muzzle and then gave a hard yank, tearing the muzzle clean off of the suit.  It had been a very expensive fursuit head, very well-crafted, and now destroyed.

No votes yet
Skippy DI's picture
This user is a Staff Member

We do try to reach a balance between people enjoying their dance and people being safe. Any sort of spinning, streaming and twirling we try to move to the edges of the dance floor so that no one can come up and surprise them but we also put responsibility of both the spinner and dancers to be aware of what's going on around them. Just like dancing near someone who likes to whip their arms about wildly, you just have to watch out for yourself.

If everyone works together, everyone can enjoy their dance experience safely.

Average: 4 (1 vote)

-----------------------------------------------
David M Stein, DI

"Not Unlike the Toaster, I Control the Darkness"
-- Abby Normal, "You Suck"

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.