Sched, Android App and iPhone App

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
3 replies [Last post]
Namrepus221's picture

Kinda strange how no one's mentioned anything on these yet, so I figured I might as well to try to kick start it.

I for one, LOVED the Android App. It made finding so much stuff so easily, though I did have to keep my con book and mini con book on me to help with some of the stuff that wasn't in the app.

Sched... I will say this.... they REALLY need to get their customer service in order. I ran into a rather bad glitch using their service where I could not update my schedule at all after deciding I could miss a panel and attend a few others. Whenever I sync'd it to my Google Calender, it would revert to my original unedited calender and I could not get it to change. I even talked with their "Live Chat" twice and e-mailing their support people and even 2 weeks after the convention ended I still have not recieved a response from them. I know this has nothing to do with anything AC staff can do and is squarely on a 3rd party's ineptitude.

On the whole, I really did like how Sched looked and worked and the reminder alarms did help me get where I needed to go when it did acctually work. I will definately use Sched again next year, of cource provided they figure out a way to fix the glitch.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Pamiiruq's picture

As a Windows Phone user, I would have loved to see a Windows Phone app as well, alongside the Android and iPhone one. I was sad that there wasn't, and I did keep checking just in case. Maybe if possible it could be something to look into for the future? Smiling

No votes yet

Pamiiruq Sorrell, your resident huskytaur http://soundcloud.com/Pamiiruq

Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

The Android app and the iPhone app were the work of volunteers, creating the apps on their own time for Anthrocon. A Windows Phone, Blackberry, or Palm App would likely have to come from similar sources.

--Chi

No votes yet
Bryantfox's picture

Some people using the iPhone 3g or 3gs(myself included) had some trouble getting the iPhone app to work, or they simply couldn't get it to work.  That said, it had no problem for people using the iPhone 4 and I was hanging out with some of them too.  Strong work on the app, and serious kudos to the volunteers that made it happen. 

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.