AC 2011: My "Love in the Elevator" con!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
9 replies [Last post]
Soggy Otter's picture

First of all I want to give kudos to the DI and staff who managed the elevator lines this year.  Smoothest elevator lines yet!  (Except for the "Bighty Elevator" that I mentioned in another thread.)

Although several times a day I would bypass the lines and use the stairs up to the 17th floor.  Hey, I may be a greymuzzle (Hell, I've got more than a couple of years on Kage!)  but my job keeps me on my feet and moving every day.  There are a lot of younger furs who could outrun me over the short haul, but I dare say that there are very few who can out-march me!

I had it down to a science!  Escalators to the third floor, climb to the tenth floor, walk down the tenth floor corridor (which is cooler than the stairwells and gives you a breather) to the other stairwell then finish the climb.  (And on that final climb, you get a gift from the triskaidekaphobians and go instantly from floor 12 to floor 14!)

Oh, and one last tip about climbing large numbers of floors:  Start breathing hard from the start.  If you start panting before you have to start panting, you will keep your oxygen levels up and you won't hit "the wall"!

On to the "Elevator of Love!"

I have already written about the "Bighty Elevator" where I saved someones life by jamming my thumb onto the Door Open button as the doors were trying to crush him.

Another time I was riding down alone when Timon walked in!!!  Now I have been to Disney World and seen their Timon, but this Timon was twice as good!  I took one look at him and yelled "TIMON!!!"  Can't remember who threw their arms wide-open first, but we exchanged a big huggle!  I then followed him into the lobby and watched and took many pictures as he bounced around with other 'suiters and entertained the children in the lobby.  So, thank you Timon!

Then there was the "Elevator Dance Party."  Again, I was riding down in a partially full elevator when several other people got on board, one of which was carrying a small portable audio device playing music.  Within seconds, the whole elevator was dancing!  (Including me.  And I don't dance!)  Fortunately, within a few seconds my FurFright Staff-Senses started tingling, so I put on my best stentorian command-tone voice and said "OK.  Everyone stop bouncing up and down!  Continue dancing if you like, but stop bouncing up and down!  YER GONNA BREAK KAGE"S ELEVATOR!!!  Do you know what happens to people who break Kage's elevators and escalators?!"  We continued dancing down to the lobby (in a non-bouncy fashion) at which point I said "OK everyone.  Konga-line out of the elevator!!!"  (We didn't do it, but it would have been awesome!)

Finally there was the "Private Bucktown Tiger Concert in the Elevator."  Monday morning I was shuttling all my stuff back down to the truck when "Some random black guy with an expensive musical keyboard" got on board and leaned the keyboard against the side of the elevator.  (Those of you who followed this panel last year will get the reference!)  I took one look at him and said "Bucktown, I can't believe that you carried that thing in the fursuit parade!  My cheap plastic Casio...?  Maybe...  But that Yamaha...?  No thanks!"  He just said something to the effect of:  "Well, you do what you got to do!"  We then gave each other a big furry huggle.  And he then turned the keyboard on, bent down, and playing sideways, tickled the ivories for us until we hit the lobby.

Thanks, Bucktown!

And thank you, Kage, all the Dorsai, Staff and volunteers, The Westin and DLCC, My roomie and the rest of the crowd I hung out with, KwiK (The artist who drew the awesome Skunk-picture that I won in the art show!)  and EVERYONE else who had the slightest part in making this the best and most memorable AC ever!

Edit:  Durp!  Did I say ever?  I meant YET!

Soggy Otter

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Thank you, everyfur who attended Highwing's, Skarlath's, and my Zootopia panel!
Will we do it yet again, next year?
As I said last year: "Only time will tell..."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
desteredra's picture
This user is a Staff Member

And thank you, for doing everything you could to ease elevator lines, lovingly discourage elevator bouncing, and exercise patience with the bottleneck.  It's a huge help.  Smiling

No votes yet
Richard de Wylfin's picture

Ever tried going up the stairs two steps at a time?

No votes yet
Soggy Otter's picture

In younger years, yes.

Still could, but it would have to be a life and death emergency.

At this point in his life, this soggy ol' Otter rarely runs unless chased!

Soggy

No votes yet

Thank you, everyfur who attended Highwing's, Skarlath's, and my Zootopia panel!
Will we do it yet again, next year?
As I said last year: "Only time will tell..."

Bryantfox's picture

Hey and only one elevator(that I saw) where someone unscrewed all the bulbs this year! One day they're going to catch that dude. In the meantime, please don't use your lighter to light up the ceiling when someone is screwing them back in.

No votes yet
Skippy DI's picture

Oh several people got severe talkings to about unscrewing lightbulbs this year. The hotel was non-too-happy about people doing that.

No votes yet

-----------------------------------------------
David M Stein, DI

"Not Unlike the Toaster, I Control the Darkness"
-- Abby Normal, "You Suck"

Unclekage's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

I'm getting a little tired of it.  The joke's not funny anymore.

If you catch anyone doing it again, take his badge.  He won't be getting it back.

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

that type of joke is maybe,MAYBE funny once. the problem is theres more then one immature ass I bet who hears of such things and has to try it. a ban is fully called for

No votes yet
Bryantfox's picture

I was none too happy LOL... I was stuck on a dark elevator full of people who all except me were too short to screw them back in. It's a little creepy.

Average: 5 (2 votes)
desteredra's picture

More than that, it's not particularly safe.  If a dealer's in there with a bunch of supplies or a fursuiter has a very long tail, we need to be sure that folks won't trip getting in and out.

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.