Join the Art Show Crew!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
18 replies [Last post]
PeterCat's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Anthrocon Art Show crew 2010

The Anthrocon Art Show is seeking clueful volunteers to join the crew! We need people to help with setup and artist check-in on Thursday afternoon and evening, artist check-in on Friday morning, bidder sign-up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, auction preparation and sales on Sunday afternoon, and packing things away Sunday evening.

In particular we need people who can handle sales on Sunday afternoon. (You may have noticed the long lines of people waiting to pick up their art -- this is because we have only half the cashiers we need.) If you have experience on staff at another convention, or retail experience as a cashier, your help would be especially welcome, and next year I can offer you a full staff position, which is roughly equivalent to a supersponsor membership.

The Art Show crew is an eclectic and interesting bunch, with a wide range of ages and backgrounds. You'll also have the chance to meet and help the artists who are participating in the Art Show, and attend the invitation-only Artists and Dealers Reception on Friday night.

If you're interested, please contact me at art-2011 AT anthrocon.org .

In the photo: Back row: Crossbow, PeterCat, Falbert, OwlSaint, Arctic, Khurynn, Callista Skip, ShiroTora, Walter Faddoul, Chief
Front Row: Greyse, Hugmonster
Absent: Joatmon, Anthro Wolf, Dan Skunk, dester'edra, Deviant: Terra, Didaskalos, ekimflow, Fallout, Gizmo Nine, Whitefang

Average: 5 (2 votes)
Your rating: None

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
desteredra's picture
This user is a Staff Member

Oh dear...are we running especially low this year?  I'll have try extra hard and see if i can sweet-talk a few friends into dropping by; i can think of one or two folks who might be persuaded.

And just look how adorable we are in that pic, too...who wouldn't want to do a little fun, low-stress work with such a great crew?

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture

We've been chronically understaffed since 2004, when the con was half the size it is now; then we had 14, last year 22. I'd like to have at least 25, 30 would be better. Sunday afternoon I need 15 cashiers, 6 people for the auction, and 3 for artist check-out, with myself and the 4 assistant directors floating and handling problems.

The number of staff has been in a kind of dynamic equilibrium -- we add a few new folks every year, but an almost equal number decide not to attend for various reasons (often family/financial).

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Tyrrlin's picture

Man, that is one GOOD-looking crew!  They're almost as good-looking as Registration!  

*giggles and ducks* 

No votes yet

~Tyrrlin

Joatmon's picture

Unfortunately, My visage is not on this photo which would have raised the beauty of the grouping by quite a bit. <smirks>

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture

You're in this one, though! (From 2008) So's des', well, her arm at least, which is about as much as she'll allow to be photographed.

Anthrocon 2008 Art Show Crew

Back Row: Arcticwolf, Scruffy, ShiroTora, Hugmonster, Crossbow, Joatmon, PeterCat, Jaie, dester'edra's arm
Front Row: Gizmo_Nine, Greyse, Ishkabibel, Falbert
Absent: Anthro Wolf, Mark Miner, -};>~ [Smrgol]

No votes yet

desteredra's picture

Man, that is one GOOD-looking crew!  They're almost as good-looking as Registration!  

*giggles and ducks*

*sniffs*

Apples and oranges, clearly.  Ours is the refined beauty of the art hound.  Theirs is the brilliant if ruffled glory of the galley rat. *grins*

No votes yet
Tyrrlin's picture

*laughs*  Touche

No votes yet

~Tyrrlin

Chiaroscuro's picture

I drive down the Registration average, alas.

No votes yet
CyanTPC's picture

I offered to come by Thursday evening (after dinner at Buca) to set things up and do artist check-in that evening as well as Friday morning.  I'm also going to pack things away after closing ceremonies on Sunday evening.  I just really want to help out at the con since this opportunity is available. Smiling

No votes yet
Sgt Steve's picture

Examine the photo closely, and remember: the woman seated in front, somewhat right of center, is always to be addressed as "O Noble One."

No votes yet
Joatmon's picture

Good Name Play!

No votes yet
Crossbow's picture

Thanks for the giggle, Steve.  Missed you at Marcon this year.

We'll be there, PeterCat.

Crossbow

No votes yet
Hugmonster's picture

I'll get you !

No votes yet
Istanbul's picture

I've sent in my offer of assistance.

No votes yet
Hugmonster's picture

Looking for more help for you PeterCat.  Have one lined up for next year.

No votes yet
Anthro Wolf's picture

Aww, I'm not in either photo. I always miss the Art Show Staff photo since it's usually taken in the early morning before I get in. Sticking out tongue I didn't realize we were so under-staffed.

No votes yet
Aurius's picture

I look forward to having the chance to work with yall Dance

No votes yet

Once more into the Fray, into the last good fight i'll ever know

Hugmonster's picture

Welcome!

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.