portal 2: greatest game ever? or GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
8 replies [Last post]
Avaria Demon's picture

ok ok i dont clame that portal 2 is the greatest game of all time but its one of my favorites and man do i love this game. its so simple yet so complex, theres so much to love here. so who else has played and what did you think?

No votes yet
Your rating: None

to face what we are in the end, we stand before the light and our true nature is reviled, self revelation is annihilation of self.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Protocollie's picture
This user is a Staff Member

I really liked it, dragged a lot in the middle though which keeps it off my short list - that whole old aperture area got really dull towards about 3/4 through its chambers.

GREAT ending, though. It was definitely at the top of my list for the year but then LA Noir happened and holy crap is that game good.

No votes yet
Avaria Demon's picture

i duknow i can see how that part "dragged" not the first time i've heard it but honestly it was still a great part. riminisant of the old portal in teaching you how to do it. not to mention it shows you all about the rise and fall of apperture. then there was cave johnson! and you had GLaDOS on at all times. GLaDOS maks those games, i have to say my favorite part is right after you wake her up and she's testing you again. she lights into you in the most sarcastically subtle way, its classic and i was laughing so hard durring that entire part

also i almost forgot to mention, the two songs from this game. one of them is only accessable by finding one of the rattman dens (i can't remember which one) but when you get in a radio starts playing a song called exile vilify by the national apperently it was made specifically for portal two, if you've never heard it look it up on youtube it is an amazing song

the second is the ending song, and i have to admit when i first heard it i was like, this song isnt going to compare to the original no way. now im listening to it non stop like popipo, its like a drug man every 30 minutes i need my fix XD jk but seriously i love it so much!

No votes yet

to face what we are in the end, we stand before the light and our true nature is reviled, self revelation is annihilation of self.

Wolf 7133's picture

I, sadly, dont own either portal game. I do plan on buying them somday, however, as i have heard only great things about them. And i love the "Still Alive" song from the first game and have it memorised by heart. lol

No votes yet

Hooowwwwwwwllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     (Oh, and you just lost the game!)

Zak
Zak's picture

GETITGETITGETIT!

you will NOT be disappointed.  the gameplay mechanics alone set a new bar for videogames... truly revolutionary.

/video game review mode

seriously though, the first one was excellent.  the second one was whatever the first one was, except 20x better.

Laughing out loud

No votes yet

This sentence is false.

tail commissions! Laughing out loud

PeterCat's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Portal 1 is only $10, and will provide more hours of entertainment than a lot of the movies being released this year.

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Wolf 7133's picture

ohhhhhh, im convinced! i shall get portal! but, one last question, hows the replay value of portal?

No votes yet

Hooowwwwwwwllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     (Oh, and you just lost the game!)

PeterCat's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Once you finish some of the higher levels, you can replay them in advanced or challenge mode, where you try to complete them in the least time, steps or number of portals, or have to contend with more difficult hazards. 

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Wolf 7133's picture

I see, so its got a pretty good replay value. thanks! Laughing out loud

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.