DDR pads needed for video game room!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
17 replies [Last post]
MiltoniusPrime's picture
This user is a Staff Member

If anyone out there has any decent quality DDR pads, the video game room is definitely going to need them.  I'm referring to higher-quality pads like Ignitions, or metal pads that are sensitive and well taken care of.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Raishi's picture

Hmm...I have a pair of Cobalt Fluxes, only a few months old and in perfect condition...I wouldn't mind letting the game room use them, but...I have no idea how I'd get them to the con.  They certainly won't fit in my car with everything else...

No votes yet
MiltoniusPrime's picture

You tease...

No votes yet
Kiric's picture

Could you ask around and see if anyone coming from your area has transport space available? (Only if you'd be comfortable with that though!)

No votes yet

vg-gaming@anthrocon.org

Raishi's picture

I'm willing, if anyone can get them to the con, but it would be very difficult at best.  For one, I'm leaving for Pennsylvania on Monday morning, to spend a couple days at Knoebels before heading to Pittsburgh, so I'll be long gone before almost anyone else was passing through the area.  Someone would have to be able to pick them up a few days in advance and hang on to them until they could get them to the con.

Second, I'm willing to take a chance on letting someone take my pads to the con, if there's any way to do it, but only if it's someone that someone that's at least somewhat well known and trustworthy.  If the staff can vouch for them, that's fine, but I think you can understand that I'm a little bit hesistate to hand off $700+ of almost brand new gaming hardware to a random fur that no one even knows...

No votes yet
Avaria Demon's picture

what kind of DDR is going to be there?

No votes yet

to face what we are in the end, we stand before the light and our true nature is reviled, self revelation is annihilation of self.

MiltoniusPrime's picture

Do you mean what system/version?  More than likely a handful of the PS2 versions, unless someone REALLY REALLY wants to play one of the others AND brings everything necessary for them.  Just less hassle.

No votes yet
iamBGS's picture

I have a pair of CFs, a doubles connector, PS2, bunch of dance games (US versions) and a TV that's old enough to sync properly with a PS2 for rhythm games.  I can bring these to the con.

Edited to say I want a hand in, if not the leading role in, running the DDR tournament, if I am bringing my stuffs.  Last year's was...interesting to say the least.

No votes yet
MiltoniusPrime's picture

A hand in it?  And what problems did you have with last year's?

No votes yet
iamBGS's picture

In my opinion as someone who has participated in dozens and run or co-run about ten tournaments, it could have been run better.  Part of it was nobody's fault - old PS2 rhythm games just don't work well with newer TV systems and many of the DDR games on PS2 predate the widespread use of HDTV technology.  Because of that, synching the sound and video is at best a big headache and at worst an impossibility.  That's why I'd also be bringing a 15 year old CRT--no synch problems there.  As for issues other than technical difficulty, the main faux pas in the rules was forcing players to match speed and arrow color mods.  That's not a great move for tournament play.  It also really could have been on a more recent mix than Max2, though I guess that doesn't matter quite so much.

No votes yet
Kiric's picture

That would be great if you could bring your pads! I'll let you and Milt figure out who's doing what, but IMO having two people working a tourney is better than one, esp when that one has his own tourney to run as well ^_^ 

We're bringing back one of the old CRTs for DDR this year, so you don't need to haul yours around if you don't want to. The game room will be open on Thurs between 7 and 9ish for setup.

No votes yet

vg-gaming@anthrocon.org

MiltoniusPrime's picture

I decided to step back and let him run it.  He cares enough to bring everything necessary, and actually has rule and game preferences, whereas I was just running it so it didn't disappear.

No votes yet
iamBGS's picture

That's great you're bringing a CRT.  Actually that may make the difference between bringing the Impala vs. the Explorer (for cargo space) and at these prices the gas mileage is a significant difference even though we're just coming across PA from Harrisburg.  I am working Thursday and we're heading out directly after, so I expect we'll be in around 8:30-9:00 unless traffic is bad.

No votes yet
Kiric's picture

Sounds great! We'll have the room open on Thurs until 9-ish, and we can help you get the pads up to the room if you're there by then. If not, we'll see you Friday morning!

No votes yet

vg-gaming@anthrocon.org

Slegiar Dryke's picture

i'd offer to bring my Vortz thick foam pad, but i've had it for a few years and the arrows are a little finicky at times XP

No votes yet

we all have magic in one way or another, you simply have to learn how to unlock your personal flavor of it

Kiric's picture

Those may be a good backup set, or for a non-competetive setup if there's enough interest.

No votes yet

vg-gaming@anthrocon.org

Inkh's picture

I'll bring the ITG, woot woooot!

No votes yet

There was a signature here. It's gone now.

MiltoniusPrime's picture

I'm surprised this thread didn't have the usual "This topic is from a previous convention" banner at the top.  Old thread is old.

However, if you'd like to bring some high-quality pads for everyone in the game room to enjoy, that'd be as appreciated as your enthusiasm for In The Groove (which you're also welcome to bring).

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.