Anthrocon 2011 Charity: Toonseum

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
10 replies [Last post]
Rigel's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Anthrocon has selected the Toonseum in Pittsburgh to be our beneficiary for 2011. They are a local cartoon art museum whose goal is to promote a deeper appreciation of cartoonists and their work through hands-on workshops, community outreach, cartoon-oriented educational programming, and exhibitions of original cartoon art. They will be at the Charity Auction and will have a table in the Dealers' Room where you can meet them and peruse information about the museum and its art.  They will also participate and contribute to various aspects of our programming.

More information about the Toonseum can be found at their website, http://toonseum.org/. If you have any questions regarging the Toonseum, they can be reached at (412) 232-0199 or at joe(at)toonseum.org.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Nicona Shadowwolf's picture

Very neat charity for this year.  Just a quick FYI, your link to the Toonseum website is actually linking to the Fayette Friends of Animals website.

No votes yet

Director of Registration

Unclekage's picture

Fixed!

kthx.

No votes yet
Alondro's picture

*This charity is Charline de Lyon-approved*  Yosh!  :3

Average: 3 (2 votes)
Mangi's picture

That is awesome.  Are they going to be putting any art in the art show this year?

No votes yet

Sent from my paws to your eyes

PeterCat's picture

I expect so, at least I'll be holding space for them. People were quite generous with their bids last year: the Toonseum made rather a lot from Art Show sales. (Ranked #4 in sales behind Blotch, Dark Natasha and TaniDaReal. --Holy guacamole, I just realized from looking at the list that apart from the Toonseum, the 15 highest-selling artists in the Art Show were all women. Bonk at #16 was the highest ranking man.)

Average: 4 (1 vote)

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

desteredra's picture
This user is a Staff Member

Of those, how many were part of the pirate seven?

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture

Three. Marci McAdam didn't participate in the Art Show last year.

[For the curious: the "pirates" are a group of artist friends who usually get dealers tables near one another, and also find a quiet room to do "homework" (commissions) at night during the con. They've also collaborated on artwork donated for the charity auction. Heather Bruton, Diana Harlan-Stein, Michele Light, Marci McAdam, Dark Natasha, Sara "Caribou" Palmer, and Terrie Smith.]

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

SunShadow's picture

i love Diana Harlan Stein <3

No votes yet

Mrow-a-purr

charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

So does Skippy, DI...

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

SunShadow's picture

lol. shes a good friend. hm. i should go bug her now...

No votes yet

Mrow-a-purr

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.