Beware The Brazilian Blue (cursed charity auction Item)

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
3 replies [Last post]
Osiris_the_jackal's picture

https://imgur.com/gallery/pmLsMvi

https://imgur.com/gallery/klwkxXU

To whom it may concern, after my passing may the content of this letter be released for I cannot die peacefully holding on to this terrible secret. The truth of the 1929 brazil expedition must be told. Beware the Brazilian blue, as its beauty is rivaled only by its accursed powers. Like the hope diamond and the Koh-i-Noor this 35 carat blue topaz holds incredible power. The original reports claimed the high casualty rate of the expedition team was attributed to malaria outbreaks and native encounters of a cannibalistic nature. I’m afraid the truth of the matter is far darker. The original goal of our expedition was the mapping of iron deposits within the Amazon basin. But we had found far more than just iron in the depth of that green inferno. Streams sparkling with colored stones meandered through the dense fray of jungle. Riches as far as the eye can see, more than any man could need or carry, and yet in the face of this seemingly endless natural decadence animosity grew amongst the men. Eventually turning mistrust into hatred towards each other. The killing started soon after… Men of a once sensible nature, good friends and colleagues now turned on each other like the feral savages that inhabited that vast expanse. Rock hammers stained red with blood filled our paws as gemstones filled our pockets. Of the fifteen man expeditionary party only two of us returned. Please judge us not for our indiscretions for we did only what we had to in order to survive. Only blasting expert Alan J Sledge and I Gemologist Osiris F Adustus survived the ordeal. I feel that our lifelong friendship was what allowed us to break free of that jewel fueled madness that had consumed the others. We simply defended ourselves by any means necessary. We thought that once we returned home that things would return to normal and that we would never return to that fresh hell. But the damn stones keep pulling us back. May the next soul to possess this cursed stone heed my warning, don’t follow its call. You shall find nothing but sorrow and death if you do. Just as we did, may the lord have mercy on us.

See you at the con

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Iron Wing's picture

I'm not sure if this is some attempt at an RP in a convention based form,trolling for responses or if this is an actual charity item. If it's an attempt at RP,there are other places to do so aside from the anthrocon forums,if you're just after responses then again there are other places for this to be posted and if this is actually an item in the charity and what you say about it is true,why would you try to pass off this supposedly cursed item to someone else in a charity auction of all things espcially if it does what you claim it to do? I'd think something like that would be better suited in a museum or something to keep it from being passed on

Average: 1 (1 vote)
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

Like the Hope Diamond, he's putting up an intriguing (but false) background story to drum up interest in this Charity Auction item.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Osiris_the_jackal's picture

That's the point exactly, thank you charlieg

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.