Question About The Sercurity Deposite

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
6 replies [Last post]
dexterdog's picture

This will my first convention and i want it to go perfect,

When making my sercurity deposit is all the funds taken out or just the one night deposite. I have enought for the security deposite but the rest of my funds

will be coming closer to the the con (about 3 weeks closer)

And is the security deposite to pay for one of the nights

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Christopher Foberg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

I didn't know whether to reply to this thread or the (double) post of yours under Blackjack's hotel thread...

The deposit is for only one night and will pay for that; the rest of it depends on whether you're using debit or credit:
debit takes it out/freezes it when you check in.
credit charges it when you check out.

More or less Smiling

No votes yet
dexterdog's picture

So i pay for the one night sercure deposite and the rest when i actually check in?

No votes yet

Christopher Foberg

charlieg's picture

That is correct, you are paying for one night of your stay ahead of time.  You pay for the rest of your stay at checkout.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

dexterdog's picture

Well, dont wana sound dumb, but i am

When i checked out it said the total. im assume thats the total i pay for, and the 149 Security deposite is only taken out

No votes yet

Christopher Foberg

charlieg's picture

IIRC, VisitPittsburgh (Pittsburgh's hotel booking site where you get the rooms) gives you an estimate for the cost of your ENTIRE stay.  That is, if your room cost $200 a night (that's a MADE-UP number) and you were staying for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, their estimate would be $800 ($200 for each of four nights).  You would pay $200 before the convention and $600 afterwards.

The reason I said estimated the first time is because they can't possibly guess any other costs you might charge to the room, like room service or movies on demand which always cost extra.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

dexterdog's picture

Ok thank you very much!

No votes yet

Christopher Foberg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.