When's the best dates to go to Anthrocon?

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
4 replies [Last post]
Fob Husky's picture

I'm planning on going to Anthrocon 2018 but not planning to stay for the whole 5th to the 8th to save on costs of hotels, travel, etc.

Are there any specific dates that are the most fun-filled? I've heard that Saturday and Sunday are the best, is that true?

Thanks.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

It's a matter of opinion.  Saturday, without question, is the busiest day since it goes from 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM Sunday morning if you include the dances.  That's also when the Fursuit Parade happens.

Friday runs from noon until 2:00 AM Saturday, if you include the dances.  Sunday runs officially from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM Closing Ceremonies, but unofficial parties continue late into the evening.

It also depends on what time you can arrive at Anthrocon, given whatever method you use to get there held against how many nights you can afford to stay.  Of course, when you would have to leave to get home figures in that as well.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

BlackJack's picture

All IMHO...

If you can afford to attend all days, I recommend all days (Thursday through Sunday.) Some people arrive Wednesday night so they are rested for Thursday (or can only take a train that arrives in the evening, and prefer Wed arrival to Thu arrival.)

If you don't know anyone, and you don't socialize a lot, then the ends are easier to snip. Thursday is for socializing, and Sunday afternoon and evening are as well. If you want to cut your trip to the bone for maximum official fun and least time with a hotel room, them I would arrive early Friday, drop off suitcases at your hotel, then attend AC until hotel check-in time, and Sunday I would check out and hand off my suitcases again for a few hours, and finish my last few events before heading home. (There used to be an afternoon Amtrak train that made this easier, but that got moved to the morning like all the other trains on that line.)

If you socialize more, you can extend either of those days somewhat- my suggestion would be for Sunday after you actually meet some people. If you're meeting up with friends who already attend, then Thursday would probably be better, since people tend to reserve Thursday for hanging out.

No votes yet

MOST AC ATTENDEES DO NOT WEAR A FURSUIT OR ANY FORM OF COSTUME.

Fob Husky's picture

BlackJack, you drive a hard bargain!

I'm probably going to aim to enjoy the whole con experience, get there for the whole period of the con. What's the point of missing out on a first-time experience just to cut costs, eh?

Thank you! Smiling

No votes yet
Vulpes Rex's picture

If you happen to collect art and wish to bid on something in the Art Show, be aware that the auction process ends on Sunday - and that anything which you bid on (and won) cannot be picked up until Sunday afternoon.

Same goes for the Charity Auction.

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.