New con year, new website!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
65 replies [Last post]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
SnowQueen's picture
This user is a Staff Member

The FAQ's are there. Now. At the very bottom of the page. You do have to search for them. Took me a bit to find them.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Assistant Director of Registration

whtllnew's picture

I wasn't going to say this before because I had a similar reaction every year, but...anyone else think the new website design could use some work?  I don't just mean the aesthetics of it, which somehow turns me off, but it now seems like we also have the issue of it being hard to find stuff.

No votes yet
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

"every year"?? The new site's only been up for six weeks, unless you're also talking about the old site (this one) every time it updates for next year's con...

No votes yet
whtllnew's picture

Every year they change the style of the site and my first reaction is 'the new style is ugly'.  Mostly for that reason I didn't say anything about the radical makeover this year until other folks started pointing out problems with it.

No votes yet
Glelin's picture

We'll get used to it! Just like we do every year.

No votes yet

Curious about the current topics of conversation here on the forums? Check out the Recent Posts!

scarfy kitten's picture

it was hard to find but when i looked up the sites name with take me out to the ball game i found it, and i understand why it is now a forum but if i can say it might ( i said MIGHT) be a good idea for this site for asking question on or just a social site to keep in touch with people you meet at the con ams you dont have a account for other social sites or apps. this is my thought of what this can be used for.

No votes yet
animal16365's picture

Looking at Gizas post on which anthrocon sites get more veiws. It was surprising that Twitter gets more views. But I shouldn't be to surprised. I personally just go to Anthrocons website and look around. And also I go to the forums a large percentage of the time to. 

I'm not to active on Twitter much. So I miss alot on there. 

No votes yet

Trying to be abnormal in a normal world

Rick2tails's picture

hmm these forums arent super easy to find. I hope they continue in some form or another. I nevr have and I never will use Mark zuckerbergs dat ming scheme to sell all my information to advertisers. I do use Twitter but its not ideal for keeping track of lots of different things. .posts get lost in the flood of other tweets and going back to find old stuff isnt always easy.

Average: 5 (1 vote)
Glelin's picture

Yup. Facebook sucks for conversations that have any substance.

Hopefully the Board of Directors will find a way to implement new forums of some sort. Forums are still incredibly useful.

If this were facebook, this whole thread would have disappeared into Facebook Oblivion many weeks ago.

Average: 5 (2 votes)

Curious about the current topics of conversation here on the forums? Check out the Recent Posts!

Pegasus's picture

It's intentional....... Guess it was too much work for our Web Leopard, so he decided to make the forum obsolete by making it hard to find. Sad

Sad that Anthrocon does not seem to listen to it's members anymore. However, that's why other cons bypass membership because they do listen.

No votes yet
Glelin's picture

If there's one thing I believe, it's that the software running these forums is a dinosaur and could use replacing.

Hopefully it's replaced by something suitable for good discourse.

No votes yet

charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

Note to all:

I reported an error to Giza that he couldn't correct.  It was the Search option which he has since disabled.  However, the following construct works:

Google forums.Anthrocon.org/searchobject

Other methods may work as well.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Gubaguy's picture

Need to put in my 2 cents here, I dont use social media, i avoid it like the plague, i HATE it.  I also have issues with talkign in a group, its too easy for messgaes to get lost, and i also just hate being in a huge group tryign to get a word in.

So if the forums disappear, then i personal have no way to communicae with people going to AC.  Even now i have a flight set, time off arranged, and money set aside to go... but cant find anyoen to share rooms with becuase no ones posting ont he froums becuase they cant find them.

I think the forums should really be kept around, even if you only get 500ish users on them, becuase what happens if those 500 people have no other way to communicate?

Average: 5 (3 votes)
Lexa Wolf's picture

Hey, I sent you a message. 

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

who did you send a message to Lexa? the previous poster?

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.