how to install a fan into your fursuit

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
3 replies [Last post]
BatFurry's picture

so I'm thinking about making a fursuit if a bat but then I thought of carbon dioxide when I put on the mask 

1. will I be ok without a fan?

2. Were could I put the fan on the suit 

I already have the fursona I just don't know were to put the fan and I would rather hear it from real fursuiters then people on youtube 

Please respond

Thank you and have a nice day.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

Although I am NOT a fursuiter, the following pretty much sums up what has been said here over many years.

1.  CO2 buildup is not usually a problem.  Most fursuit heads are not airtight.  They have ventilation through mesh eyes or open mesh mouths.  Either or both of these seem to allow air to enter and exit, negating the CO2 problem.

2.  Most head fans are introduced for COOLING.  That means they are placed to either draw air into the head or exhaust it from the head, sometimes both.  Kage once reported a fursuit which had an exhaust fan in the nose, which gave an impression that the head was breathing.  The biggest "problems" with fans are how small they are, where to put them in the head and how do you wire the power source to them.  And by how small they are, I mean what size fits in the head without distorting it played against how much ventilation they provide.

Average: 5 (1 vote)

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

BatFurry's picture

thank you also, I'm not done with my fursuit yet but I have one more question will fur-con be around in 6 more years? and thank you I was nervous about the CO2 problem thank you

No votes yet
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

Well, Anthrocon has been around for over twenty years and other cons occur with some ending and new ones starting up.  This link to similar should show you all known upcoming conventions through 2018.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Template:Upcoming_events

Note: Anthrocon is scheduled through 2025 at this time.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.