New to Anthrocon and next year [Anthrocon 2018] what should I expect?

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
4 replies [Last post]
FennecFaux's picture

I am not really new to the fandom but I havnt done much socializing. Only a bit on forums. But what should I expect? Is it easy to make friends? Is it confusing to find events such as panels and so forth? I been to many other conventions but this will be my first furry con. Smiling Any tips or advice would be nice! :D 

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Panels are not hard to find. You'll be given a At-Con guide with a map, and a Pocket Program guide with a list of panels. It will be soem walkign as events are held in two separate (but connected) buildings!

No votes yet
Liny's picture

As one who's first con was AC2017, I agree with Chiaroscuro, a map and program guide is useful, and if you have a smartphone or tablet, the sched.com guide along with maps of the floors of the DLCCC all open in tabs in a web browser are also really useful. As for walking, if you are not in shape, like me, prepare to be sore at days end and ready for a good sleep.

As for friends, I don't know, I didn't try to interact with anyone that I didn't know from online, but I never felt out of place, infact, I felt more in place than I do at home, I felt among peers.

No votes yet
Arrow Quivershaft's picture
This user is a Staff Member

For this exact reason, it has been suggested that starting a month or so before the con, you engage in some walking and stair-climibing exercises; both will serve you well at the convention proper.

No votes yet

--Fandom Track Lead

Liny's picture

I fully agree, that would have been a smart thing to do, sadly Im kinda on the lazy side of things. Maybe a bit too lazy....

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.