Anthrocon Tonight 2017 - That's a wrap!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
5 replies [Last post]
K.P.'s picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

HI everyone!

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who was a part of Anthrocon Tonight this year.  I do believe that this was one of the best variety shows Anthrocon has ever had on it's main stage.  Of course I may be biased, but I cannot thank enough all who helped contribute to this show.  Anthrocon Tonight had a very specific mission...and it was not really stated until the show started.  This was not a fursuit specific show.  This was an opportunity for people from all parts of the furry fandom to come together and showcase the immense and deep levels of talent that exist within our fandom.  This meant to be a different show...to give you joy, to make you cry, and to touch your feelings.  I think we accomplished that in the best way possible.

Special shoutouts to the following:

My Co-host Alkalai, Draggor, and his whole crew.  Without their stage and backstage management, this show simply could not have worked the way it did.

To Cosmik and Rhubarb:  Thank you for your diligence in getting the musical pieces organized, and the custom Intro for Anthrocon Tonight.  It would not have been the same show without you.

To all members of Bandthro...the on stage band.  Guys, you have so much talent, it's scary.  You really gave this show a sense of depth and entertainment I have not ever seen on stage at a furry con before.  I know most names, but I am loathe to say everyone for fear of forgetting somebody.  Let me just say, from drums, to brass, to strings, to keyboards....you guys were absolutely amazing and inspiring.

To all performers.  Ladies and gentlemen..you are the real reason we do this.  You inspire and make us dream.  You take us to amazing places with your music, your songs, your magic, your comedy, and arts of all styles.  From martial arts to magical feats, and from fursuits to musical instruments...no matter what you contributed...you gave us an amazing evening that was simply...a joy to be a part of.

I want to thank a couple of special acts for their contributions.  For those who participated in our Jim Henson tribute of "It's Not Easy Being Green"...thank you!  I was in tears backstage from Rhubarb's golden voice, and from the green fursuiters comforting the small green tiger.  You did more than show people that green is beautiful...in your own way...you reminded everyone that being ourselves is beautful and special...and we can be happy the way we are.

To the brave audience members who came up and were a part of "Anyone Can Be a Star"..thank you for your talent and a little bravery.  It's not easy to get up on stage and do something unrehearsed.  But with the rythym and melody you started...the audience was treated to a completely new musical performance..and you gave it the start.  I was really happy with how the performance turned out, and was also really stunned that you came to me after the show asking to be a part of it next year!  I look forward to seeing what everyone can come up with!  It really does prove that you guys and gals are the heart of the furry fandom.  You contribute way more than you know, and we're happy to be able to showcase as much as we can.

To Charlie Adler and the fursuiters that he gave voices to...you sir are wonderful and hilarious.  I will forever remember "Hey!  S'lissen!"  :D

Fnally...thank everyone for the final songs of "Try Everything" and "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends".  This was a perfect musical ending to this show...and I felt such a sense of happiness and comraderie from the audience as well as the performers...that it simply could not have ended better.  

Ths is no slight to the immense talent that performed in other acts.  I loved each and every one of your performances.  We were backstage laughing, crying, and being moved by your talents.  I can only say...I am proud of all of you and I look forward to next year's show.

KP

Average: 5 (1 vote)
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

Was this recorded and will it be uploaded to AC's YT channel?
https://www.youtube.com/user/anthrocon

No votes yet
K.P.'s picture

Yes indeed.  It was recorded (to the best of my knowledge) and would be uploaded to our YouTube channel as soon as possible.  I spoke with our AV Director, GenTalon, and he was getting with the rest of the crew to get the video(s) processed and uploaded as quickly as possible.  It's only been about a week since the convention ended...so let's give them a bit of time to get everything settled and get the video uploaded.  I hope that everyone will be happy with the results. Smiling

KP

No votes yet
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

I hope the audio came out better than the following; I gave up after a minute Annoyed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnPa2KzA6vc

No votes yet
K.P.'s picture

We've got it posted!  You can find the video at:  https://youtu.be/Czo5cVjrgOA

This is on our official YouTube channel. Smiling

I hope you enjoy!

Average: 5 (1 vote)
CanisBlakWolf's picture

I wish I could have gone! Watching the stream, this was an awesome show and I hope it stays for the future!

No votes yet

-Zyxterr Twitter YouTube Instagram  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.