Art show/artist alley map

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
2 replies [Last post]
Osiris_the_jackal's picture

I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place in advance but I wasnt really sure where it belonged. 
I am a geologist and I love maps so I am curious as to why the art show and artist alley do not appear on the map of the dealer den. I ask because since I have arrived back in jersey the thought has been milling in my mind and so I began to draw some possible layouts of how the space could be set up.  Although the art show/artist alley is ever changing and ever growing as the con does, I thought it pertinent to explore some possible floor plan for possible accommodation of more tables for artists. The remainder of the space may and likely would remain in its current configuration and size this includes the art show both general and mature section, the con store, and bag check/ cash control department. My maps are all to scale with the one provided in the con bag so everything lines up proper. If there is any interest or possible use for them I will gladly post them. Thank you for your time, sincerely Osiris 

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Generally, it's because the map of the Dealers Room is meant so that Dealers- who are known iin their locations in advance of the convention- can be found by other attendees. As Artists Alley locations are nto set until the convention itself, and change each day, any preprinted map of that would be "Uhm.. there's people here."

If you have some notions for reconfiguration of the space do email us at , , and/or !

No votes yet
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

And there is the Fire Code, which states minimums for aisle width.  They cannot be ignored because the city will shut down the convention.  (I once attended a con where a curtain wall forty feet long had to be moved six inches because it would prevent a fire door from opening all the way.  Not "open at all", open completely.)

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.