Anthrocon flag protocol......?

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
7 replies [Last post]
Wolfgang_SK's picture

I believe this is just me overthinking something as usual, and because I have had a long time interest in flags for 7 years, but I was just curious nonetheless.... are there any protocols for the Flag of Anthrocon? like the correct and incorrect way to hang it etc.

I have multiple flags of different nations hanging in my room right now, all hung the correct way. I plan on hanging my AC flag I got up with them aswell, however I'm not sure if there are any specific protocols for the AC flag. Thanks.

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Rick2tails's picture

I doubt there is any protocol for the flag. I suppose you could copy the us flg protocol if you want. Just no murry purry furry stuff with the flag! Eye-wink

No votes yet
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

I can't imagine that there could possibly be any limitations concerning the Anthrocon  flag.  It's a small private organization: its flag has no legal standing.

Any LEGAL limits would be invoked in displaying it with other official flags, such as the Stars And Stripes or an official state flag.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Precisely. Anthrocon's flag should be treated as an organizational flag, and be flown further down the order from National, state, and local flags.

Average: 5 (1 vote)
Rick2tails's picture

not that I would.But I bet there are a few furs out there who would in their sillier moments say theyre a citizen of Anthrocon nation and fly it  at the top of any flags ;) 

No votes yet
charlieg's picture
This user is a Contributor

Considering the massive polarization of opinion in the USA currently, that's not silly: it's stupid.

No votes yet

To avoid problems with parents, read this FAQ and all its internal links before discussing Furry with your parents:

http://forums.anthrocon.org/faq/minors

Rick2tails's picture

well if you take it seriously and want to be a party pooper then yes. I was being faceious myself. I doubt anyone truely thinks they live in some "furry nation" or that the convention is its own country. But I am sure people when at a convention do feel part of a geater thing then some nerds in a hotel ball room or convention center floor. 

also I never do this but 1000 posts whoo me *waves litle postage stamp sized flag*

No votes yet
Eric's picture

I would consult with Sheldon Cooper's Fun with Flags.

Average: 4 (3 votes)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.