Question about Flyers

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
8 replies [Last post]
Themirrorparadox's picture

Hi everyone! 

I have a questions about flyers and advertising at the convention. Last year was my first time there, and I remember seeing a large table across from registration where people laid out flyers for their businesses and events and such. I also remember seeing them left on other tables throughout the convention. I volunteer at a cat rescue that adopts out cats and runs a large TNR program throughout parts of Delware and Pa (Mainly the Philly suburbs) that I would love to bring attention to. I want to do what I can to help the people running the program, as we are in need of volunteers and run mostly on donations and fundraisers.

So here are my questions:

1. While Im sure the big table at registration is for advertisers, would it be frowned upon to put flyers anywhere else in the convention? And I ONLY mean on tables where it seems flyeres have been placed already and not strewn everywhere I can find. These are small flyers as well, no where near full page.

2. We also have brochures that I can put on the large table at registration, but these brochures may be somewhat upsetting with its contents. The brochure has the most information, but also a lot more reality on things like feral cats, and what happens in high-risk shelters. I don't know if this would be too graphic to set out or if it would be okay to put them in only that spot and no where else. There are only two potentially upsetting pictures on the brochure, one located inside and the other on the back. 

I haven't been able to find any rules about this on the site, though I may have overlooked something. I don't want to bring anything harmful into the convention, but I also am very passionate about helping these cats and even a small bit of exposure can help. 

Thank you!

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Soggy Otter's picture

Wow!  Talk about serendipity!  For I was just considering asking the same question!

This year, I am once again helping my dear friend Highwing produce his Zootopia panel.

Last year, although we briefly considerd it, we decided not to do promotional fliers.  (Mostly because our panel was scheduled on Friday.)

This year however, since our panel is on Sunday, we definitely plan to leave fliers around, to drum up attendance.

At AC, what is the proper etiquette for the placement/distribution of promotional fliers?

Thanks in advance,

Soggy Otter

No votes yet

Thank you, everyfur who attended Highwing's, Skarlath's, and my Zootopia panel!
Will we do it yet again, next year?
As I said last year: "Only time will tell..."

Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

The formally acceptable areas for flyers are: The Flyer Table on the third floor of the Westin outside of the Allegheny Ballroom, the tables near Registration in Concourse B (IF unoccupied), and in the Zoo. All other areas are a no-go, including other hotels

We must ask that all flyers conform to the 'PG' nature of the convention, and avoid violence, nudity, or language that exceed that rating. We do have minors in attendance at Anthrocon, and anythign that might be too upsetting for them ought not be distributed. Please keep that in mind.

Average: 5 (1 vote)
CCritt93's picture

Big thanks for this info! Definitely FAQ-worthy. I’ll make sure to pass it along to another attendee planning flyers.

No votes yet

You can only leave your past behind if your past agrees to leave you ahead.

Themirrorparadox's picture

Thank you very much!

No votes yet
CCritt93's picture

Are the acceptable flyer locations the same for 2018?

No votes yet

You can only leave your past behind if your past agrees to leave you ahead.

Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

They should be the same.

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

they are a hockey team based out of Philadelphia.  Oh wait wrong type of flyer 

Average: 4 (1 vote)
orlagh's picture

The Flyer Table on the third floor of the Westin outside of the Allegheny Ballroom

Average: 1 (1 vote)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.