Did you lose something? Please read this first!

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
6 replies [Last post]
Unclekage's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Anthrocon has three large boxes of things that were left behind at various times and in various places. Most were turned in by kindly furries, but some were turned in by the good people of Pittsburgh who found things on sidewalks, on the walls outside the Westin, etc.

If you have lost something, here is what to do:

#1:  Send an email to with the words LOST AND FOUND nice and prominent in the subject line.  Include a description of what you lost, your REAL NAME (this is of great importance, since without it mail may be returned), and a valid mailing address.  If you intend to move in the next few weeks, please ensure you set up a forwarding address with the postal service.  If we have it, we will mail it back to you at no charge.  If we do not, we will let you know. 

#2:  If what you lost was travel-critical (a wallet, driver's license, passport, etc.), all of those items were turned in to the Westin front desk.  Call them at (412) 281-3700 and inquire.

#3:  Contact the hotel that you stayed in and ask to speak to their lost and found.  If you lost it in your room or within the confines of that hotel, it is mostly like to have been turned in to that hotel's front desk or housekeeping office.

HERE IS A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF SOME OF THE THINGS WE FOUND

Cameras and accessories.

Fursuit accessories (paws, tails, and oddly enough, at least four tongues).

Jewelry, buttons and other baubles.

Eyeglasses and sunglasses.

Raingear

Lots of plush critters.

A child's costume (kigurimi-style)

A sketchbook with a very uniquely colored cover and indecipherable text on the front and spine.

Bags with assorted con store purchases and Alley purchases.

And sundry items too sundry (and in some cases, simply too bizarre) to describe.

Average: 5 (2 votes)
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Gabi's picture
This user is a Staff Member

I lost a 3DS stylus at the ballroom during the closing ceremony. I doubt anyone has found it, since it was so small it was probably swept away when the room was cleaned. I only wish The Exchange hadn't closed by the time I noticed its absence. They cost over 3 times as much in Argentina. Luckily, they're easily replaceable by any kind of semi-pointy stick, so I'm not even sure of why I'm writing this. Just in case someone did find it, I guess.

No votes yet
Kittynoy's picture

They're actually insanely cheap http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=3ds+stylus&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

No votes yet
Gabi's picture
This user is a Staff Member

Thanks, but I can't import them because my country has stupid regulations and EVERYTHING that is mailed from abroad gets stuck in customs. I'm sure I can buy one, though. Just... not as cheap. A little over 3 dollars. Still affordable.

No votes yet
Jase Husky's picture

I lost a badge from my fursuit but its such a generic badge it might just be easier for me to order a new one.

No votes yet
sawblade5's picture

I sent ya an email about my missing baseball cap. Do you know how long the Westin holds on to items in Lost and Found before they toss em?

No votes yet

Victor Redtail

Unclekage's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Typically 30 days

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.