[GOT IT]Can I get another conbook? Someone got mine out of my bag.

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
8 replies [Last post]
Masakuni's picture

<s>So for most of the con I left the bag that I got when I registered, with the conbook, map, and everything in it, in my room at the Omni.

Now, time and time again I like looking through conbooks, like the old ones, just to see art from them and reminisce about cons go by.

Come Monday, I check my AC bag to notice someone got the conbook out of my bag, and if I knew this earlier I would've gotten one easily at registration, but seeing as the con was closed there was no way to get a replacement copy easily.

Any chance I could get another one?</s>

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Vulpes Rex's picture
This user is a Contributor

Quote:
So for most of the con I left the bag that I got when I registered, with the conbook, map, and everything in it, in my room at the Omni...Come Monday, I check my AC bag to notice someone got the conbook out of my bag,...

The registration bags didn't include the souvenir conbook. Did you make sure to pick up a conbook from the table in the back?

For the last few years, AnthroCon has ceased the practice of stuffing the Official Conbook - the big one with the color cover and the artwork and stories - into the membership bags handed out at registration; fewer people were actually keeping them to read.

Instead, the conbooks have been stacked upon a table, along side the wall with the doors to the Dealers' Den. This allowed folks who wanted one to pick one up, and those who didn't care for the extra bulk and weight to go on without.

No votes yet
Chiaroscuro's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

At this point, our conbooks are very likely all in our storage facility in Pittsburgh. Some folks might have grabbed an extra one (Heck, I might have one extra, but I'm still unpacking.) but our large stash of them is unavailable to us now.

Our con store usually sells conbooks from prior years for $3 each, so you'd be able to pick one of those up. Pocket programs and At-Con Guides we view as disposable, and extras are recycled at the end of the convention.

No votes yet
Rick2tails's picture

If you never went back to the tableclose to the dealers room  near registrationYou never did get a con book.They dont put the con but in the bagg anymore to prevent waste since at least a quarter of the atendees dont even want a con book if not more. The con books sit on that table all con and you are free to grab one,even a 2nd after the con is over on Sunday if they are still there which there was plenty.I grabbed a 2nd one on my way to closing ceremonies so I could have one to give to friends back in Az if one wanted one or failing that a copy to pass around so I could keep my other copy in nice condition.

No votes yet
JumpingHorse's picture

Is it the book that was at the reg line that people were taking? Big stack of them with that viking picture on the front of it? I got a few extra and do not mind to give you one or unless you have found a person or someone to get you one.

No votes yet
gaiaweylyn's picture

I've been looking around for one. If you're still offering.

No votes yet
JumpingHorse's picture

I am.

No votes yet
gaiaweylyn's picture

Alright. So lets talk details. Private Message. :3

No votes yet
Masakuni's picture

Oh, I got it taken care of! I forgot to say last weekend when I got the conbook, but I saw people were still replying. But anyway, it's all settled!

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.