Fursuit Parade

Welcome furry fans!

We're glad you stopped by. Go ahead and register for a free account to get the benefits of being a member, including:
  • Access to all of our posts and comments
  • Your own profile including an avatar, buddy lists, and other social networking features
  • The ability to participate in a community of over 9,000 furry fans!
Creating an account is easy. Register now!
63 replies [Last post]
YappyFox's picture

Thanks to all the participants of the 2007 Fursuit Parade!

353 Fursuits took us by total surprise.

Some notes, and observations to try to make it run more smoothly for next year..

1) Apologies to the AC film crew who we deflected before the parade, not knowing the intent of where they were trying to set up. The area outside room 320 was way too packed with fursuits, and we didn't want anyone setting up any thing down that hall. When they approached, it seemed as if their intent was to set up at the starting point, and the congestion would have been caotic, which is why I and the dorsai sent all the photographers and videographers down the Hall A/B bridge to go down to the river side for the "Start" of the public viewing area of the parade.

2) Going to need to get the program/schedules to actually define the "Staging" and the "Public View" of the parade. This year something got printed that had people trying to stage at 1, when the actual intent was 1:30 for staging and 2:00 for parade launch. I know some people who were there at or before 1:30 did get a bit restless, but with all the people who did show, it still took 15 minutes to line everyone up to get ready to march, as there was no room in 320/321 for the entire staging.

3) To make the outside photo time alot shorter, will have to stress that everyone on that first leg of the parade move quickly, out to the terrace, and down to the furthest end of the terrace, and pack in tightly, so everyone can get out on the terrace quickly, get the photo taken, and then move it on inside.

4) The actual parade was only 30 Minutes. It was much shorter than last year, where we avoided congragating on the Hall C balcony, and starting from room 320 instead of SOP Ballroom. If we can get better efficiency of getting everyone out on the terrace, moved all the way down and tightly packed, then we won't hae to waste time trying to shift everyone down to make them all fit. This parade was about 100 more people than I was expecting this year.

5) More water bottles next year. I assume people liked these? Will note to use ice. Seems they didn't get any ice. Also, maybe a couple boxes of Sharpie markers for people to write name on bottle if the prefur to leave it in staging area during parade, to collect at end.

6) Take note to try and get headless lounge fans moved to the hallways in the staging areas, and in 320

7) Attempt to get cambros of water so people can refill water bottles.

Cool Were the stock straw on the bottles fine for fursuiter use? Or should we use the uber long straws, like those found in the headless lounge instead?

9) Attempts to use music on the parade route foiled by lack of radios for playback. I'll be looking into what it will cost to buy like 10 radios, to ship ahead to the con, so that we can attempt to use parade music.

EDIT 10) There apparently is a megaphone at the con.. I'll attempt to aquire that next year. Was hard to yell over 353 fursuiters, and was hard to relay messages like "MOVE FORWARD" "5 Min to launch" "Line Up In 3 Rows" etc..

Any other comments or suggestions?

No votes yet
Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Ron Bauerle's picture
This user is a Contributor

Quote:
4) The actual parade was only 30 Minutes. It was much shorter than last year, where we avoided [congregating] on the Hall C balcony, and starting from room 320 instead of SOP Ballroom.

I was disappointed that this didn't happen this year, but maybe (1) it's not worth the time to do it and (2) they won't all fit Smiling

In addition to getting the times right Smiling, how feasible is it to print the route and when the parade will get there? I ended up in a good location just outside the Art Show, but I stood there half an hour waiting for the parade to get there Sad

Also, I didn't see Minerva or ZigZag in the parade - do they count as part of the official total?

Ron

No votes yet
YappyFox's picture

those that participated in the parade were saying it is too long, so even tho the balcony is a nice photo-op, some suiters whether they be new, or out of shape like me, can't handle the longer routes, so we need to keep it as short as possible, so that everyone can finish w/o croaking.

As for the route, I'll have to poke the conbook folk to see if that is worth a page in the book.

and the fursuiter count is just the parade. Granted, there are many more suiters that are at a con, but the parade is the only way to get a tangible count, and thus, the parade is used as the reference number. Moving the parade to Saturday definetly made it easier for the folks with Sunday checkouts, thus I think there were less non-participants than in previous years.

No votes yet
Sonicgott's picture

Here are some of my comments:

1. I prefer the SoP Ballroom to any other room. For a large room, this place had the best air conditioning. As long as it took to setup made me extraordinarily hot inside my fursuit head. And being in the blinding sunlight did not help, either.

2. The bottles were an EXCELLENT idea. Ice water, warm water, I did not care. Water is a fursuiter's friend. Though I neglected to keep my bottle, I was really thankfulto have one for the fursuit parade. I'm sure that everyone else would agree.

3. For records we crushed, setup was rather difficult because of it. We need to figure out a system, though setting up 3 lines seemed to work alright, some of us were growing impatient.

4. Not really a suggestion, but, thank goodness for that breeze outside! I was roasting.

5. 30 minutes is LONG ENOUGH. I can't stress the heat, though I do know a lot of camera persons were eager to get as many shots of us as possible. Granted I was rather goofy-looking in comparison to Growly behind me, but I tried to give as many poses as I could.

6. We need to keep moving. I know about who was at the front of the line, the brave man who also helped me in the Super Sponsor pre-reg area was restricted to his walker. But I noticed at times the line would come to a dead stop, and then there would be huge pockets of space. I think this has to deal with photographers asking fursuiters to pose. My suggestions to photographers: get your cameras ready beforehand, we will only be able to pose for a short couple of seconds!

I was very happy to be part of the parade this year, since this was my first time ever suiting up. LuckyDog... I don't suck! ^^ Thanks to everyone for all of your help, and once again to Sinatra for letting me borrow Caffeine Cat!

No votes yet
Exkhaniber's picture

Ah cool you got to borrow a fursuit? Smiling I remember, it seemed like just yesterday you were so new, you were posting in the forums asking peeps to borrow a suit...you're just growing up so fast! /cry/

Okay, jokes aside, I got to borrow a fursuit and walk in the parade too. It was quite fun to do so, but it made me realize something. I'm not going to buy a fursuit myself. For those who choose to take that path, I am forever grateful for being able to meet them and take pictures with them, however the role is not for me.

I enjoy having a lot more freedom and mobility, and having my camera at my side where I can whip it out real quick and take a picture. I enjoy getting people to take my picture next to fursuiters, with that big smile across my face and a cute suiter under each arm. It's liberating and I feel the memories of that are much more personal when I'm in the picture. Even if I'm not, I can take a picture to remember seeing the suit and interacting with some very fun-loving fursons.

Suiting took up a lot of time, both for preparing for another "run" and after the "run" where I had to drink a gallon of water and shower off the sweat. This year I got less than half as many photos as I normally do, saw less than a -third- of the cool fursuits I normally get to see (and I normally only see a third of the suits actually at the con anyway), and had myself in only three pictures, compared to thirty seven from last year.

Yes, I had awesome new memories, but I got to experience less overall. And as memories fade, I have less to remember my trip by. Next year, if I have the same friend offer me the chance to borrow the suit, I think I'll only do so for the parade (gotta keep those numbers up!).

-There is no truth

No votes yet

-The two saddest words in the English language are "Good bye"

North's picture

First, I'd like to say that I think the parade was a big sucess and I enjoyed being in it. My thanks to you and to all the furs and Dorsai that made it work.
It's not a simple thing to get an event like that for 353 furs to happen.

I'm responding to each of your points not as a criticism but as offering ideas for improvment since you asked. But the parade was great and sucessful just as it was!

1.) No comment. Not my area.

2.) Bigger staging area, and clocks or countdown announcements to when the parade begins to march would help suiters stay cool by putting on gloves and head at the last moment. Water bottles in the staging area were very, very welcome. Plan on some suits who don't choose to march with their bottles storing them there with lables or marker pens available.

3.) The photo was the most health-hazardous portion of the parade for me. Not moving and having no air flow for a long time is dangerous. I did my very best to follow directions and pack in, then just be patient and endure.

From the point of view of being in the parade, I don't know how to make this process quicker. I did my best and I think all the suits around me did their best to follow directions too. If there is no solution, I'd rather just have a parade and skip the photo op.

4.) Parade route was just fine. I had no issues with the length. There were cheering furries lining almost the entire route, so it was all justified.

5.) Ice would be teh awesome in the bottles. As mentioned, add markers in the staging area to personalize them. They were a great idea though, and made a special souvenier just for fursuiters who entertain the entire con too! A nice thank-you from AC that made me feel appreciated for adding a little more than the average furry fan to the show.

6.) I was staged in 320 because I arrived on time at 1:30. Didn't know there was staging elsewhere. Big cooling fans would have been nice in there. I'm glad you are on that for next year.

7.) More water in the staging area is a good idea. Any chance of towels too, or is that impossible in the

8.) Stock straws were fine, but I should take this opportunity to thank whoever got all the long straws in the headless lounges and even some at conops! They made long stints in costume entertaining the fans much, much more comfortable and safe.

9.) Keep working on the musical ideas. It's a really nice touch. Obviously 350 suits has made the cymbols purely "cymbolic."

10.) How about a headless lounge social at the end of the parade for suits? Could we get Rory to play a little music for an hour? I doubt many suits would feel like dancing, but a social occasion to meet your favorite costume with his/her head off but body suit on would be a fun and unique situation with 350 potential new friends!

No votes yet
Kyte's picture

So! This was my first year at AnthroCon, and my first time ever suiting. I really enjoyed it and what not. I was in the parade, who'd thunk it? Yeah. It was a great experiencce and what not. I was a bit rawrish from the photo thing. That took way too long for me. I know there were some issues of trying to get everyone inside of the picture and what not, and yeah. After the picture was done, it was nice to be able to step back into the shade and just rest for a second while the parade started back up.
Also! Another thing that kinda ticked me off. When we were waiting for things to get started, it was a great idea and all to move us out to the hallway. Very smart, but what of would've been nice is if that door or any of them in the hall, would be unlocked and open what not. That would've been a nice way to keep us nice and cool. By either letting us stand in the shade, or some stand in the crack of the door, so yeah. That's what I have to say about it. The whole waiting before hand wasn't that bad for me. I know some people probably died, but yeah..
I had a blast and what not ^o^ It was fun and I can't wait till next year!
Is it AC yet!

No votes yet

It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice.

Finnish Fox's picture

The water bottles were kind of a hassle to carry. being able to mark ours and leaving them in the room is a good idea.

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture
This user is a Board MemberThis user is a Staff Member

Or maybe hand them out at the end instead? I have to confess I'm jealous of the bottles, I want one. Maybe this will motivate me finally to get a suit together for next year. If K.P. can manage it as busy as he is, I should be able to!

For music, at least in Hall C, I'll have to inquire as to whether it's allowed, but I have the necessary equipment to hook a radio or music player into the PA mic connection. (Just a Shure mixer with aux input and XLR mic output, for those curious.) Obviously that won't cover the entire route, but it might be a good location for the transmitter; I know the corner with the PA mic is a bit of a dead zone for the cell-phone-based radios we were using for con communications, but that might be due to the location of the cell tower. We'd have to run some tests onsite on Thursday or Friday, and have a Plan B in case there are problems.

--
PeterCat
Anthrocon Art Show Director

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Unclekage's picture

but I have the necessary equipment to hook a radio or music player into the PA mic connection

The A/V tech union would have my head if we tried that.

No votes yet
ronrab's picture

Well, as long as they're not taking any vital anatomy...

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture

Uncle Kage wrote:
The A/V tech union would have my head if we tried that.

D'oh! Sorry, of course there'd be a union involved, or fees to do so. They'd charge us for air if they could.

Oh wait a minute... they did!

(Chilled air for the headless lounge in the convention center.)
--
PeterCat

No votes yet

For faster answers to any Art Show question, please e-mail artshow (at) anthrocon.org. I visit the message boards here only a couple of times a week.

Pica Delphon's picture

I do have a 15-45 Watt FM transmitter.. and WDUX 107.1..

No votes yet

NO Mood is a Good Mood..

YappyFox's picture

We would rather not attract the attention of the FCC :>

No votes yet
foxcat's picture

what if you just organized it with every 10th fur or so carrying a battery powered boom box? that way the music moves with the mob and all you need to do is make sure it is some one with a light suit carrying it so they don't get too tired

No votes yet
YappyFox's picture

That was our intent, but our call for radios only turned up 2. I might look into buying some for next year if I can find them cheap enuf.

No votes yet
firehopper's picture

lets see.. I enjoyed the parade.. just wish I felt well enough to wear my own suit, my suit was in parade though.. someone helped me out by wearing it, was wingless cause one of the wings broke a lil while I was suiting him in it. but the pouch on the suit came in handy carring the water bottles Smiling some how I got two. so I let him keep one and I kept the other, it was his first time in suit too.. and it had to be a heavy one like mine. I could tell he was having fun, cause he was hopping a bit Smiling he did Enjoy himself, he told me later.

No votes yet
JD Puppy's picture

In terms of time, distance, and space, perhaps there can be more than one staging area - one in 320/321 for those that need a shorter route, and one in SoP Ballroom, for those that don't mind the full route. One room can follow the other - either 320/321 goes first, and it's timed right so that the SoP people catch up, or SoP goes first (since they decided they can handle the longer stride) and 320/321 stands by ready to join at the tail for a significantly shorter route and time by comparison.

Radios should be planted at different locations of the parade, not held by fursuiters. Not only will it help dictate where the parade route is, but it also frees the fursuiters up. There's plenty for us to do, trying to keep up wtih the line while still entertaining the crowds around us that having something to hold would detract from being able to do all that.

On a similar note, I held the bottle the entire way through, and tried to work with it as best as I could, but it ended up just being in the way all the time. Perhaps something that has a handle on it, or not having it for walking with it during the parade. I like the suggestion of handing them out at the end. It guarantees when we need it, and guarantees that we take it (I can't find mine anymore =( )

If possible, maybe a solution to the exhaustion issue is to have a headless opportunity in the middle somewhere - a room where we pass by where fursuiters can go in if they want. A place where it's private, we can pop heads, and people leave when they feel rested, but also to keep up with pace.

Have a bigger ending space (SoP if possible) 'cuz there were just so many of us packed into the areas we were resting in.

No votes yet
Erus Townsend's picture

a handle or what about a lanyard? i mean a nice decent sized lanyard that can go over your suit head which will be easier than holdign it with gloves or paws

No votes yet
Darktiger's picture

I agree on the fact that the radios should be planted along the route. I was behind a un-fursuited guy that was just carrying a radio. Not to sound like a have a large ego, but it seemed that most people were paying attention to him, and not to me. "Look there's a human suit, I hear those are the most rare", kinda comments.

I decided not to carry my water bottle along the route cause my hand paws have no grip what so ever.

A larger room at the end would be great with tons of fans in them. Just on a side note I did notice (the few times I used the Headless Lounges) that people were hogging the fans. Stacking their heads on them, standing over the fans with them pointed upwards. I'm not one to go over and ask them to move heads, or stop standing over the fans.

I had no issues with the length, or the route, or standing on the length of the balcony (the breeze was nice).

No votes yet
RevvyRabbit's picture

The water bottle is the only thing that helped me go on and do the parade without dropping out of it
i had been in suit almost two hours before the parade even started

many thanks for that it helped alot:)

No votes yet
Techwolf's picture

I managed to rush across the river just in time, found a photo spot and proceeded to wait over an hour. Better printed schedule times will help here.

I did manage to get a five frame group shot of all of them on the concourse. I serially thinking of releasing the composite photo under a creative commons licence. However, have all the fursuiters signed a release somewhere or is this implied by just being in the parade?

--Techwolf

No votes yet
Erus Townsend's picture

i didnt' sign anything, hell didn't knwo about he photo either but hehe could care less. someone takes a photo with me in it more power to em. i believe in freedom ^_^

No votes yet
xalelydo fawx's picture

Do you know if they took a shot of us all on the balcony during the parade? It would be awesome to see that if someone managed to get a good picture =^_^=

Lemme know either here or in my email at

----------

Everybody loves a sharp dressed fox =^_^=

No votes yet

Erus Townsend's picture

from what i understand there was an official picture taken from the yellow bridge. released in anyway i dunno. i heard of 2 or so peopel that took personal ones....

No votes yet
Unclekage's picture

The photo was taken of individuals in full public view. No release is required.

No votes yet
xalelydo fawx's picture

Do we have any info on who took the pic so others could have them scan/copy it for a few bucks. i mean that would be freaking awesome to have.

Xalelydo

----------

No votes yet

GreenReaper's picture

I'm not 100% sure that that's the case in every situation. While the fursuiters might not have to sign a release, the designers of the fursuits might, for certain uses. Bearing in mind I'm not a lawyer . . .

A fursuit is more than just an item of clothing - it is a (often unique) work of art. US law has no coverage for "copyrighted clothing" because it is considered to have utility. Still, the design of most fursuits "incorporates pictorial, graphic, or sculptural features that can be identified separately from, and are capable of existing independently of, the utilitarian aspects of the article." The clothing itself would not be covered, but the character design depicted in it might be.

This is not normally an issue, as most fursuit designers want their fursuits to be seen, and in most case it would be considered "fair use" (including news media use), but there are rare situations where it might be an issue. Perhaps most obviously is when a copyrighted image is drawn on the item of clothing, and someone duplicates that image and draws it on another item of clothing, for eventual sale. This is clearly not on - but in that case, why should someone be able to duplicate the pattern of a fursuit onto another fursuit?

More commonly, someone might be able to sue under trademark law if you were using a trademark for financial gain and/or in a way that implied your association - for example, using a photo of Seurat to imply that ArtSpots approved of or was supporting your event . . . or selling a t-shirt with the Anthrocon logo on it, which is both copyrighted and a registered trademark, and using a photograph of it to promote your store. Smiling

On a related note, lawmakers have been trying to pass the Design Piracy Prohibition Act [PDF]. This would allow copyright protection over design features which might otherwise require a patent, if they could be protected at all. I imagine some fursuit designers might be interested in that. From what I've gathered, though, it doesn't look like it'll pass.

No votes yet
Aiden Raccoon's picture

I don't want to veer from the topic at hand, but here's a question I have in regards to artwork. If I purchase the art (fursuit) don't I own it. The artist released their commission to me and is not allowed to have it back. It is my property and I gave the design I wanted. The fursuit maker/artist simply converted my idea to life.

No votes yet

Coon Powers.... ACTIVATE!!!!

Skippy DI's picture
This user is a Staff Member

Speaking as someone married to an artist...

It depends on your deal with the artist.

If you just buy a piece of art from an artist, the only thing you own is that piece of art, but you don't own the design. You can hang that piece on the wall, give it to someone else. You have no rights to the design of the character. You cannot copy the piece, give copies to others or publish the piece without permission.

If you commission a piece of an artist, You can do basically anything you like with the piece, if it a character you have designed. You can copy it, hand out copies and such. Make a fursuit based on the design. That artist retains rights to just the piece of art. So unless you make other arrangements, the artist can sell copies of the the piece of art they did.
-----------------------------------------------
David M Stein, DI

"Not Unlike the Toaster, I Control the Darkness"
-- Abby Normal, "You Suck"

No votes yet

David M Stein, DI

Unclekage's picture

Whereas I respect the authority with which the argument is being presented, the basic premise is, to me, ridiculous. If I purchase a pair of Calvin Klein blue jeans and have myself photographed while wearing them, I highly doubt that Calvin Klein is going to chase after the photographer for violating his intellectual property.

It is clearly stated in Anthrocon's standards of conduct that you must expect to be photographed at some point if you appear in a public space, and that acceptance of your membership badge likewise constitutes acceptance of that fact. Anyone who designs or builds a fursuit cannot offer any reasonable objection to having a photo taken (and even published) of his creation.

Any fursuit designer who might kick up a fuss because someone's fursuit was photographed while its wearer was out and about is not only unwelcome at Anthrocon, but further deserves to be bitten to death by weasels.

Average: 5 (1 vote)
Erus Townsend's picture

---removing dbl post---

No votes yet
Erus Townsend's picture

i agree totally with Unclekage. If you make a suit and don't want to have it photographed, leave the suit at home. I look at it as an honor to have someone want to take the time to take a picture of me in my suit.

as for the copyrights basically it goes like this. Unless you have a signed contract with the person that made the item for you stating that they retain copyright even after payment, the copyright is automatially transfered to the person paying for the product. This is falls under "work for hire" or "made for hire". If a work is "made for hire," the employer, and not the employee, is considered the author. The employer may be a firm, an organization, or an individual.

i had to know this for screen printing when i did that for a business

No votes yet
Sonicgott's picture

Interesting point to bring up... since so many 'suiters I know *love* to be photographed. I know I do. ^^

No votes yet
xalelydo fawx's picture

*giggles* I like your thinking. I didnt pay over $1500 not be able to have my picture taken in my fursuit. The artists who drew my character to my imagination and then the fursuiters who built my mascot should expect that I will have photographs taken in my suit, with or without their knowledge. Its not like im going to hide from the public while in it, and everyone I have met in suit has always wanted a picture with me :3 Heck, im the only furry in my area and love to show off (though they dont really like it when you show up at the bowling alley in your suit *giggles)...I had to take it off for that trip Sticking out tongue (good thing the owners know me really well)

No votes yet

Skippy DI's picture

ACK!!

A lost a paragraph out of my post!!

I AGREE with you, Kage.

The point that vanished from my post was there is an implied agreement with art that people are going to see it. An artist cannot control who will see a piece once it is sold to someone else. And a photo of the OBJECT of a piece of art is not a copy of the art.

So as long as you, as the fursuit wearer have all the proper permissions to actually HAVE said suit and wear it in public (and no matter how I rack my brain cannot conceive how you could have a fursuit that you didn't have permission to wear out in public) then you cannot in fact STOP someone from taking a photo of it.

This is like Angelina Jolie. Her image is her product and she has control over the use of her image... to a point. If you rush into her home and take her photo, then you are in violation of law, cause this is a controlled, none public space and she has the expectation of privacy. But if she's walking down the street, she cannot legal scream at you for taking her photo cause walking down the street, she has no expectation of privacy.

If you are in "public", which infers an area which is not posted as being control with rules to the contrary, you are completely, 100% fair game to be photographed. And said photos, taken in public, are fair game to be shown to the world, and in some cases, sold.

So, if a fursuit is hanging in the Art Show, which is a posted controlled area, you cannot go in and take a photo of it. If the person wears it out of the art show, it is fair game, even if the AC rules didn't give blanket permission.

David M Stein, DI

No votes yet

David M Stein, DI

Exkhaniber's picture

I don't think I've ever seen Kage so...defensive to such an extreme before.

-There is no truth

No votes yet

-The two saddest words in the English language are "Good bye"

Unclekage's picture

It was because the argument is patently ridiculous and I was hoping to put a halt to it before it wasted any more of our bandwidth.

Average: 5 (1 vote)
xalelydo fawx's picture

Personally, I thought the parade was great this year, and yes I agree with the water bottles, they were a definate PLUS to helping me get thru it in one piece. After all, in the room afterwards, there was a guy who was sick from dehydration so I think everyone needs to make sure they are good and ready for the fursuit parade with such things as that and also keeping themselves nourished.

I loved the route, and I didnt think it was too long or too short, although standing on the balcony in the heat was a little annoying in a fursuit for th 10 mins or so we did, it was awesome to be able to look out and see so many people wave back to us while we were having a great time with eachother.

I cant wait til next year to do it all over again =^_^=

Xalelydo Fox

----------

No votes yet

demillion's picture

i like the route as it was, i think the parade was a real success, i wasn't totally unmovable dead as i was on 2006 Smiling [i was so heat exausted i couldn't walk to get water or even had voice to ask for it...(when i did the water was gone)]

i loved the water bottles and their straws, i just wish the water was actually cold, i think ice definitely will help there.

moving fans and shortening outside time is probably the best other suggestions you currently have, either way i plan to be in the next one too Smiling

No votes yet

merowl?

Sgt Steve's picture

I very much liked the new parade route for this year - it was much easier to manage. Consider this a vote to use it again next year.

One issue with the parade was the sheer size (length). We could probably cut ten minutes off the amount of time people have to spend in fursuits by having folks walk two or three abreast. It doesn't make the route any shorter, but would significantly cut the distance between first suiter and last.

Similarly, we could use the terrace doors differently and possibly spare folks some heat problems. Instead of everyone entering at one end and then walking the length of the terrace, have the pairs enter the middle doors and split, half one-way, half the other. After the shot, everybody exits from the two furthest doors and meets back in the middle. We fill the terrace twice as fast, and everybody only has to walk half its length. Plus everybody spend more time inside the air-conditioned DLCC.

No votes yet
demillion's picture

i love these suggestions wish i thought of them!
i definately second these thoughts

No votes yet

merowl?

Graydown's picture

This was my first parade, and I had a great time! I do wish there had been some way to mark the water bottles, so I could've taken mine home. Also, it would be nice if there were people around at the staging area to tell us where to go.

I loved being out on the terrace, because the wind was blowing and I got a chance to cool off. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures taken from the bridge

No votes yet
mrianti's picture

I thought the terrace was cooler than the CC . Breeze was very much liked Eye-wink

the staging wasn't that bad , we just needed to know what was going on , time wise . megaphone will fix that I'm sure .

Staging in the the roped off hallway was perfect IMO much more room.

all in all I thought it worked well . learning every year Smiling

No votes yet
PeterCat's picture

Gizmo_nine, one of my staffers, gave his megaphone to the Art Show since he never used it the rest of the year. I lent it to Duncan after I heard him yelling to try to organize Artist Alley payout. So you're welcome to borrow it for the parade, just stop by the Art Show.
--
PeterCat

No votes yet

Duncan da Husky's picture

...and if I haven't thanked you enough for lending that megaphone, please let me take the opportunity now. My voice was pretty much completely shot by Sunday, and that was a godsend.
---
Tom Brady/Duncan da Husky
Artists Alley and Con Store Manager
For fastest replies to questions about Artists Alley, e-mail me at

No votes yet

jovina's picture

I found the water bottle to be a nice touch, I drank most of it by the time I reached the headless lounge. Unfortunately, I then forgot it Sad . It was a bit hard to grip with paws on, perhaps if the design was thin in the middle (corsetted..hehehe) or it had ridges on it to get a better grip, that would help. A few fans along the parade route would have helped also, especially in those places where people tended to stop.

No votes yet
Sharky's picture

Personal I think the parade went off well. I loved the water bottles and the staging time was a nice break before we went out. Yes it was hot, but hey that is par for the course in July.

Speedy Hamshark
AKA: Sharky

No votes yet

Sharky

I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. ...

Fox Connor's picture

1: No worries. You were stressed, you were short on time, you didn't know our intentions, and you didn't recognize us. In your place, I probably would have done the same. For next year, we should try and work things out before the event to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

4: I'd also recommend maintaining 2 lines of suiters heading along the path. It would be of great benefit to those in heavier suits with poor airflow, and (so long as they don't break) the two escalators would be evenly loaded.

353 this year, let's go for 400+ for next year!

No votes yet
sammystripes's picture

Had a lot of fun doing the parade this year, Ill be there with my Union Jack next year too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finbarzapek/770875406/

No votes yet
RevvyRabbit's picture

Would colder water be good if you were on the verge of heatstroke in fursuit?

No votes yet

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.